The WAVLINK AC1200 WiFi Extender firmware update is a software enhancement for the AC1200 WiFi extender device manufactured by WAVLINK. It aims to improve the device’s performance, security, and compatibility by addressing bugs, adding new features, and optimising network functionality. This update ensures a smoother and more reliable extension of WiFi coverage, enabling users to enjoy better connectivity and enhanced network experiences. Regularly updating the firmware is essential to keep the extender up-to-date with the latest technology and to mitigate potential vulnerabilities.
Reason Why We need to do WAVLINK AC1200 Wifi extender Firmware update
Following the instructions below will help you better understand why the Wavlink AC1200 Wifi Extender firmware update is essential:
- Performance improvements: Firmware updates increase the extender’s performance, making Wi-Fi connections faster and more reliable.
- Bug fixes: Firmware Updates fix problems or faults to make Wi-Fi more reliable.
- Security Enhancements: Updates your firmware provide the most latest security patches, protecting your network from potential flaws.
- Firmware Updates ensure that devices are suitable with the most recent Wi-Fi protocols, routers, and gadgets.
- Additional features and functionality: Updates could include more customizability options, new features, or improved functionality.
Steps for updating Wavlink Extender firmware:
- Power on your Wavlink AC1200 Extender.
- Take a smart device.
- Open a web browser.
- In the URL bar of the browser type wifi.wavlink.com or IP address 192.168.10.1 to access the Wavlink AC1200 setup page.
- Enter the admin password now, then click “Login.”
- After that, upgrade the extender’s most recent firmware.
- Click on the install button once it is finished.
- Your Wavlink AC1200 extender will reboot after you’ve completed these steps.
Common issues that occurs during the Wavlink Extender Firmware update
A firmware update can be unsuccessful due to network challenges, power outages, and firmware file errors.
- Compatibility issues: After updating the firmware, there can be issues with the network environment or your specific extender type. Poor performance, network issues, or other faults might be the outcome of this.
- The extender may be unable to properly upgrade or function if the firmware file becomes corrupted during the download or transfer procedure.
- Unexpected behaviour or defects: The extender may occasionally exhibit unusual behaviour or issues after a firmware upgrade, including freezing, frequent restarts, and the loss of specific functions.
Please be aware that these are common issues that clients may run into and that they may call Wavlink’s customer care for more help or require specific troubleshooting methods.
Troubleshooting steps for Wavlink Extender Firmware update issues
Here are some troubleshooting procedures you can do if you notice issues while Wavlink AC1200 Wifi Extender firmware update
1.Check Internet Connection: Before attempting the firmware upgrade, make sure your extender has a strong internet connection.
2.Verify Firmware Version: Verify that you are utilising the appropriate firmware for your extender model. Compatibility problems may arise if the incorrect firmware is used.
3. Read Release Notes: Review the Wavlink release notes for the firmware update. It could include crucial details regarding situations that are well-known and suggested solutions.
4.Retry the Update: Sometimes, update failures can occur due to temporary glitches. Try the update process again to see if the issue persists.
5.Wired Connection: When updating the firmware, if at all feasible, connect to the extender using an Ethernet wire. This can assist in eliminating potential Wi-Fi-related problems.