The Indian government offers numerous online Udyam Registration incentives for micro, small, and medium-sized businesses (MSME). For the convenience of conducting business in India, the registration under Udyam offers various benefits to the businesses registered as MSMEs.
It has been made available to MSMEs as a permanent registration. The online Udyam registration platform enables small, existing, and new enterprises to register themselves.
Aadhar cards are required for self-declaration during Udyam registration. At the moment the registration process is complete, a certificate will be given out. The registration process will be covered in this article, along with instructions for getting and printing the Udyam registration certificate.
What are the advantages of online Udyam registration?
Online Udyam registration refers to the process of registering a micro, small, or medium enterprise (MSME) on the Udyam Registration portal of the Government of India. The advantages of online Udyam registration are:
- Easy and Convenient: Online Udyam registration can be done from anywhere and at any time, provided you have an internet connection. It eliminates the need for visiting a government office physically, waiting in long queues, and filling out lengthy forms.
- Time-Saving: The online Udyam registration process is much quicker and less time-consuming compared to the offline process. It allows entrepreneurs to register their business and obtain the Udyam certificate within minutes.
- Cost-effective: Online Udyam registration is a cost-effective method as it eliminates the need for printing forms, visiting offices, and paying for transportation.
- Real-time Tracking: Entrepreneurs can track the status of their Udyam registration application in real-time on the Udyam Registration portal. They can also get updates and notifications about the status of their application via email and SMS.
- Access to Benefits: Udyam registration provides a range of benefits to MSMEs, including easier access to credit, subsidies, and government schemes. Online registration ensures that entrepreneurs can take advantage of these benefits as soon as possible.
- Hassle-free Updates: Online Udyam registration allows entrepreneurs to update their business details easily without any hassle.
How do I apply online for MSME registration?
You can apply online for MSME registration through the Udyam Registration portal of the Government of India. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Udyam Registration portal at.
- Click on the “For New Entrepreneurs who are not Registered yet as MSME” tab.
- Your name must match the name on your Aadhaar card.
- Click on the “Validate & Generate OTP” button. Your registered cellphone number associated with your Aadhaar will receive an OTP.
- Enter the OTP in the field provided and click on the “Validate” button.
- Fill in the required details, such as your business name, PAN number, email address, and other relevant information.
- Verify the information, then press the “Submit” button.
- Once submitted, you will receive an acknowledgment number.
- Pay the registration fee, which is based on the category of your enterprise.
- After successful payment, you will receive a confirmation message along with the Udyam registration certificate.
Who is eligible to register an MSME?
The following entities are eligible to register an MSME:
- Proprietorships: A business owned and operated by a single person is eligible for MSME registration.
- Partnerships: A business owned and operated by two or more people is eligible for MSME registration.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP): An LLP is eligible for MSME registration if it meets the criteria specified by the government.
- Private Limited Company: A private limited company can register as an MSME if it meets the eligibility criteria.
- Public Limited Company: A public limited company can register as an MSME if it meets the eligibility criteria.
- Co-operative Societies: Co-operative societies engaged in manufacturing, production, processing, or preservation of goods are eligible for MSME registration.
- Self Help Groups (SHGs): SHGs engaged in manufacturing, production, processing, or preservation of goods are eligible for MSME registration.
Suggested Read: Udyam Registration Online